Laurel is a Gunai woman from East Gippsland in Victoria. She is a results orientated administrative professional with extensive experience in office/operations management and providing high level support to senior business leaders in both the public and private sector.
In the early stages of her career Laurel undertook a contract role with Aboriginal Affairs Victoria and was responsible for organising key events for NAIDOC Week celebrations including a State Reception, Young Achiever Awards and Youth Gathering with high profile guest speakers.
Laurel’s career then moved into the HR/Recruitment industry where she spent the next 20 years developing and broadening her skills in stakeholder management, reporting and analysis, HR/recruitment, event and project management.
Some of her notable achievements include:
- Successfully project managing several large scale office fit- outs/relocations
- Opening new satellite offices across Asia Pacific including training of key staff
- Developing and implementing an extensive range of administrative processes and procedures
- Co-ordination of high end events for clients and staff
- Being recognised as Top Office Manager across EMEA and winning several Outstanding Contribution Awards
In 2017 Laurel founded CHERRYPICK, an online business directory connecting Executive Assistants/Office Managers with Australia’s best corporate suppliers and business partners.
In recent years, Laurel has been involved in a leadership coaching start-up business where she was heavily involved in working with web developers, creating marketing collateral, implementing cloud solutions, onboarding contractors and event management.