Arrethe Soap by Bush Balm
The Australian Central desert plant Arrethe (Eremophila Freelingii) is used by Aboriginal people to sooth irritated dry skin; relieving eczema, psoriasis & dermatitis.
- Water – filtered
- Propylene Glycol (Food Grade) – used as a food additive with emulsification (blending) and humectant (moisturising) properties
- Sorbitol – a sugar alcohol naturally found in fruits
- Sucrose – sugar from cane or beets
- Coconut oil – an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of mature coconuts
- Olive Oil – an edible oil extracted from Olives
- Sodium Myristate – a fatty acid that occurs naturally in some foods
- Alkyl Polyglycoside – derived from sugars, usually glucose derivatives, and fatty alcohols
- Sodium Sarcosinate – a foaming and cleansing agent
- Titanium Dioxide (white colourant)
- Arrethe (Eremophila Freelingii) – a plant is traditionally used by Aboriginal people of Central Australia to relieve eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis & itchy dry irritated skin
Good for sensitive skin! No SLS or SLES, Palm Oil or Palm Oil Derivatives or Stearic Acid or Glycerine.
Indigenous Australians have used native plants to treat common ailments and illnesses for thousands of years. Their traditional knowledge inspires these Bush Balm® products, which are made from wild harvested medicinal plants expertly collected on Aboriginal Lands in Central Australia. Irmangka irmangka, Yawirriyawirri and Arrethe have been used for generations to treat aches, muscle pain, joint inflammation, skin conditions and to ease cold and flu symptoms.
The Bush Balm® rubs, moisturisers, soaps and lip balms were first produced by and for the growing number of Indigenous dialysis patients and their families around Central Australia. Forced to leave their country indefinitely for treatment, many longed for traditional bush remedies to remind them of home. And so the Bush Balms® were born.
The Bush Balm® social enterprise is run by Purple House, an innovative Indigenous-owned and operated health service based in Alice Springs in the Northern Territory that runs 18 remote dialysis clinics and a mobile unit called the Purple Truck. The products provide employment opportunities for patients and their families. Our organisation supports ethical, fair trade practices and respects Indigenous intellectual and cultural knowledge.
Priced at $15. All orders over $99 include free postage.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong