Bush Balm Gift Box
In stock and ready to ship
This beautiful and sustainably produced gift box is the perfect way to share some of our signature products, including the highly popular Irmangka Irmangka Bush Balm® which is gently blended with wild harvested Irmangka Irmangka. This Balm has traditionally been used by Aboriginal people in Central Australia to soothe arthritis, muscle pain and joint inflammation and may also be used as a chest rub for cold and flu.
Ingredients: Australian Olive oil, Australian beeswax, wild harvested Irmangka Irmangka (Eremophila Alternifolia) 50gm
Try our simply delicious Organic Native Lemongrass lip balm. The ladies tell us that they use the lemongrass in their pillow for restful sweet dreams.
Ingredients: Australian Olive Oil, Australian Beeswax, wild harvested Yawirryawirri (Cymbopogan Ambiguus) 10gm
Get that Western Desert bush scrubbed all over you with the Arrethe exfoliating Bush Balm® soap made with with wild harvested Arrethe (Eremophila Freelingii). Good for sensitive skin! No SLS or SLES, Palm Oil or Palm Oil Derivatives or Stearic Acid or Glycerine.
- Water – filtered
- Propylene Glycol (Food Grade) – used as a food additive with emulsification (blending) and humectant (moisturising) properties
- Sorbitol – a sugar alcohol naturally found in fruits
- Sucrose – sugar from cane or beets
- Coconut oil – an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of mature coconuts
- Olive Oil – an edible oil extracted from Olives
- Sodium Myristate – a fatty acid that occurs naturally in some foods
- Alkyl Polyglycoside – derived from sugars, usually glucose derivatives, and fatty alcohols
- Sodium Sarcosinate – a foaming and cleansing agent
- Titanium Dioxide (white colourant)
- Arrethe (Eremophila Freelingii) – a plant traditionally used by Aboriginal people of Central Australia to relieve eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis & itchy dry irritated skin
The Gift box also includes postcards which tell the powerful story of Purple House and Bush Balm, so your lucky gift recipient will know they’re part of something pretty special!
Our new Gift Box packaging is made from recycled cardboard and paper. It’s 100% reusable, recyclable and biodegradable, with no bleach or dyes.
The Bush Balm® rubs, moisturisers, soaps and lip balms were first produced by and for the growing number of Indigenous dialysis patients and their families around Central Australia. Forced to leave their country indefinitely for treatment, many longed for traditional bush remedies to remind them of home. And so the Bush Balms® were born.
The Bush Balm® social enterprise is run by Purple House, an innovative Indigenous-owned and operated health service based in Alice Springs in the Northern Territory that runs 18 remote dialysis clinics and a mobile unit called the Purple Truck. The products provide employment opportunities for patients and their families. Our organisation supports ethical, fair trade practices and respects Indigenous intellectual and cultural knowledge.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $149 and over) (Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong