Bush Tomato ~ Whole fruit, dried 50g by Warndu
Temporarily out of stock
Bush tomato (Desert Raisin or Kutjera) is a delight. Both savoury and sweet and packing a punch. We LOVE bush tomato and use it in everything.
These beauties are wild harvested in central Australia by an amazing group of Indigenous women. They have been in short supply in the past years so we are lucky to have them.
Try them ground and rubbed into your BBQ meat, on a cheese board or in stews and casseroles.
50g re-sealable bag Whole Fruit, dried.
◎ Common Name: Bush Tomato, Desert Rasin, Kutjera
◎ Scientific or Latin Name: Solanum centrale
◎ Comparison: Caramelised Vegemite, raisins
◎ Seasonality: All year dried
◎ Region: Arid
◎ Tasting Notes: Oh so wonderful when eaten fresh but the flavour profile of a dried one is also amazing, like a caramel, savoury carob crossed with sun-dried tomato. The fruits can actually be left to dry on the bush and collected months later. They are best ground, and can be used in just about any dish you like. Bush tomato has superior antioxidant capacity compared to the blueberry, which is renowned worldwide as a health-promoting fruit.
Priced at $20
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong