Bush Trip Scarf by Cassaria Young Hogan
Cassaria Young Hogan’s work is a joyful chronicle of bush trips to her grandfather’s Country south west of Kalka, encompassing the sacred sites of Kunatjara in South Australia and Mamutjara over the border in Western Australia.
Young Hogan shares a mastery of vibrant colour with her grandfather, senior lawman Nyayati Stanley Young. The artist harnesses her striking colour palette to create a cast of electric characters that boldly announce themselves, jostling for attention against a black background.
The viewer is left to marvel at the neon gathering of forms, perhaps catching glimpses of maku (witchetty grub) and tjala(honey ants) as they are scooped up by Young Hogan and her family during a bush trip to her grandfather’s homelands.
110cm x 110cm 12mm 100% silk satin with hand rolled edges.
Priced $180 including free postage.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong