Coolamon mini earrings by The Koorie Circle
Inspired by the 2018 NAIDOC theme 'because of her I can' these Coolamon earrings pay respect to all the black matriarchs in our Community. I chose to create Coolamon inspired earrings because these beautiful dishes were mostly used by Aboriginal women to help them gather water, fruits, nuts as well as cradle babies.
They are a large statement piece of healing jewellery that will keep you connected to all the Aboriginal women who had made and continue to make invaluable contributions to our Communities, our families, our rich history and our nation.
- Hypoallergenic surgical steel hooks.
- Made in Australia from two-toned etched Polymer plastic.
- Registered Australian Made and Aboriginal business.
- Every order comes with a complementary Koorie Circle custom gift bag
Each Coolamon earrings measures 30mm in width and 55mm in length. They are 1.5mm deep.
Laura Thompson is a Gunditjmara woman and artist living and working in Melbourne. The designer and maker behind The Koorie Circle, Laura creates contemporary Aboriginal designed and inspired jewellery made from sustainable sourced timber.
Her collection has developed from a desire to make pieces that tell a story, celebrating the culture, history and identity of Aboriginal Australia. Painted and finished by hand, each piece bears the mark of its maker and is made to be worn with pride.
Based in Northcote, Melbourne on Wurundjeri land.
All order over $99 include free shipping.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong