Wool Rug (122x183cm) by Andrea Adamson Tiger
This spectacular rug from Better World Arts features an Aboriginal design by artist Andrea Adamson Tiger.
Andrea tells us about the seven sisters and their travels through the country as they are pursued by Wati (Man) Nyiru. Nyiru fell in love with the sisters, and even though they were of the wrong skin name, he was desperate to make them his. As the women fled from Wati Nyiru they created the country and landscape around Andreas home, Mala.
These beautiful, unique rugs are a cross-cultural collaboration combining Aboriginal designs and traditional Kashmiri rug-making techniques. Chain stitched, using hand dyed wool and finished with a heavy cotton backing, each rug is a completely handmade piece. This project is unusual because the rug is owned by the artists, rather than licensed to a third party. A more empowering way to work, this brings many direct benefits to the artists’ and their community. Control and ownership of intellectual property are also maintained. Purchase of these rugs guarantees a direct return to the Aboriginal artist and their community.
These rugs have non-slip backing and a sleeve for hanging rod.
Rugs are made of wool and as these products are handmade, there may be minor variations in dye and design.
Size: 122 x 183 cm
Price: $759 including Free Postage
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong