A5 Journal - Women's Ceremony
Only a few left in stock
This Women's Ceremony Journal is not only a journal, but also a journey through the life of the artists in the Sacred Country collection. As you go through this journal, you will find little surprises throughout; be it Aboriginal stories, quotes of famous artists or Indigenous artworks of the various artists in this collection, as well as imagery that will take you back to the Northern Territory of Australia.
This unique journal represents incredible value and is a true work of art to display on your desk at work or at home.
A delight to use every day to record your thoughts, plans and dreams!
A5 notebook, 78 lined pages - Eco-friendly, FSC certified paper
Full of personal insights and quotes from the artist
Notebook closure elastic to keep your pen or special reminders
Plastic-free packaging. Designed in Australia.
Artist and Artwork
Michelle Possum Nungurrayi
The Dreamings that Michelle Possum paints come from Yuelamu on her home country at Mt Allan. These include the stories of Seven Sisters Dreaming, Bush Tucker stories including Seed Dreaming, Bush Coconut, Fire Dreaming, Goanna Dreaming, and Grandmother’s Country, many of which she combines together in complex interwoven designs.
Mainly depicting the overview of maps of traditional Country from her family lands, Michelle describes the many important cultural sites she knows well. Her paintings have gained wide popularity partly due to the fact that as we come to understand the iconography, the paintings make fascinating narratives for a western audience. They are populated not only with plants and food resources and waterholes, but also with people sitting in the landscape – men with hunting implements and women with digging sticks and coolamons.
In addition to sacred landmarks and iconography, MIchelle's artwork includes important bush tucker and waterholes, making a meaningful connection to modern kitchens, the source of such provisions.
Michelle Possum was born at Napperby Station, Northwest of Alice Springs in the Northern Territory. She was taught to paint by her father Clifford Possum Tjapaltjarri. Clifford is the most renowned painter of the founding group of Papunya artists.
Michelle’s work has a strong connection to her father, family and land. Her paintings can incorporate strong figurative elements as well as important topography relating to her family's country, such as the abundance of food and water.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 3 -5 days (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $14.95
Free parcel post on orders over $129 up to $400
Parcel Post - $34.95 on orders $400 and over
Express Post - $19.95 on orders up to $400
Express Post - $49.95 on orders $400 and over
Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
* For the most up-to-date information on your order delivery please download the AusPost App here.
*Please note Express Post does not mean Priority Shipping. We do not offer Priority Shipping. If you select Express Postage orders will be dispatch in the quoted time frames. For delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking
*Welcome to Country takes no responsibility for items lost in transit
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong