Desert Country Long Rectangle Silk Chiffon Scarf 67.5cm x 180cm by Mainie
Temporarily out of stock
Presenting a traditional Aboriginal art design by talented Warlpiri woman artist, Rosina Napurrurla White, this beautifully handmade silk scarf exemplifies Mainie’s “Luxurious, Authentic, Unique” trademark.
Designed for stylish woman who is seeking an ethical fashion story, this distinctively Australian wearable art piece will instantly transform wardrobe basics like a white t-shirt and jeans into effortless designer chic.
- 100% Silk Chiffon
- Hand rolled hem
- Digitally printed silk
- 67.5cm wide by 180cm long
- Presented in a handmade gift box lined with tissue paper
- Artwork and artist information card
- Royalties are paid to the artist with every item sold
The Artwork Story
Ngapa Jukuurpa – Mikanji (Desert Country Dreaming)
The country associated with this Dreaming story is Mikanji, a watercourse located on the homelands of the Warlpiri Aboriginal People from the remote Tanami Desert region in Central Australia. The watercourse is a usually dry creek bed but after the annual rains, soakages are formed in the creek bed. The soakages are an important source of water during the long dry season in the desert.
Due to the isolation of their desert homelands, the Warlpiri were among some of the last Aboriginal people in Australia to make contact with Europeans. The Warlpiri people’s connection to their culture is as strong now as it was when their ancestors first walked on their country tens of thousands of years ago.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | Free parcel post shipping on orders $129 and over, Express Post - $14.95 | Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong