Desert Rain Long Rectangle Silk Chiffon Scarf 67.5cm x 180cm by Mainie
Presenting a traditional Aboriginal art design by one of Australia’s most highly acclaimed Warlpiri women artists, Bessie Nakamarra Sims, this beautifully handmade silk scarf exemplifies Mainie’s “Luxurious, Authentic, Unique” trademark.
Designed for the stylish traveller, the generous size of this versatile fashion accessory allows it to be effortlessly styled to suit any occasion. From daytime to evening, from resort to a red-carpet event, from an easy-to-wear sarong to an elegant shoulder wrap, this exquisite wearable art piece will always be ready to go.
- 100% Silk Chiffon
- Hand rolled hem
- Digitally printed silk
- 67.5cm wide by 180cm long
- Presented in a handmade gift box lined with tissue paper
- Artwork and artist information card
- Royalties are paid to the artist’s family with every item sold
The Artwork Story
Ngapa Jukurrpa (Desert Rain Dreaming)
Resplendent in the glorious, sun-drenched colours of the Australian Outback, Bessie Nakamarra Sims’ original artwork reflects the unique beauty of the desert homelands of her Warlpiri ancestors and the Dreaming stories, which have been handed down to her through many generations over tens of thousands of years.
The original painting depicts the Dreamtime Story of how smoke rising from a fire formed a large storm cloud. A bird carried the storm cloud to the west where it fell to the ground as rain. Ngapa means water in the Warlpiri language.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong