Desert Tracks Wool Scarf 70cm x 180cm by Mainie
Temporarily out of stock
- Australian Merino Wool Scarf
- Woolmark Certified
- 70cm x 180cm
- Digitally printed
- Hand rolled hem
- Presented in a handmade box with information about the original artwork and the Aboriginal artist.
- Original artwork by Warlpiri Aboriginal artist Valma Nakamara White
The Artwork Story
Based on an original artwork by Warlpiri Aboriginal artist, Valma Nakamarra White, the Desert Tracks design depicts a traditional Dreaming story about a mythical serpent ancestor called Warna, who is known as the creator of the main waterways and creeks on the Warlpiri homelands. According to the stories told by the Warlpiri people, the serpent was searching for his lost family and travelled across the desert to be reunited with them. The tracks of his tail on the ground formed the creeks and waterways. Valma grew up listening to her mother and father's Jukurrpa stories while watching her family paint.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 3 -5 days (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $14.95
Free parcel post on orders over $129 up to $400
Parcel Post - $34.95 on orders $400 and over
Express Post - $19.95 on orders up to $400
Express Post - $49.95 on orders $400 and over
*Heavy or Oversized Item Shipping is $34.95 per item for Parcel Post and $49.95 per Item for Express Post.
Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
* For the most up-to-date information on your order delivery please download the AusPost App here.
*Please note Express Post does not mean Priority Shipping. We do not offer Priority Shipping. If you select Express Postage orders will be dispatch in the quoted time frames. For delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking
* For orders officially deemed 'lost' by Australia Post customers will be offered a store credit for the value of the order. Orders will not be refunded or replaced.
*Welcome to Country takes no responsibility for items lost in transit
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong