Emu A5 Journal by Kathleen Buzzacott
Temporarily out of stock
A stunning addition to the Dreamtime Stories range, our Dreamtime journals perfectly evoke the beauty of the Australian outback and Kathleen Buzzacott's wonderful childhood stories.
This design depicts the emus of Finniss Springs. The emu is a sacred bird for Aboriginal people and is the subject of many Dreamtime stories.
Each cover is rich, warm and inviting, featuring shimmering gold, countless shades of blue and deep red ochre.
As you turn the pages, take a journey into the artists world, with personal insights, quotes and drawings.
This unique journal represents incredible value and is a true work of art to display on your desk at work or at home. A delight to use every day to record your thoughts, plans and dreams.
A5 notebook, 78 lined pages - Eco-friendly, FSC certified paper
Full of personal insights and quotes from the artist
Notebook closure elastic to keep your pen or special reminders
Plastic-free packaging. Designed in Australia.
Kathleen Buzzacott is an artist, poet, designer and entrepreneur, of Pitjantjatjara Scottish and English heritage, born in Alice Springs Central Australia. She and her siblings spent the early years of their childhood with their father and his family in Queensland. At the age of 10, she returned to the Central Australian Aboriginal Community of Hermannsburg, with her sister, and brother, to live with their mother and step-father.
Kathleen’s fine Central Desert Dot Painting style celebrates her discovery and connection to her indigenous heritage. Happy childhood memories of her son’s growing up on the land are shared through aboriginal story telling on canvas, and feature native bush creatures.
In 2014 Kathleen Buzzacott Art Studio was established, and continues to operate with the assistance of Kathleen and husband Keith and sons Kyle and Klinton. The tranquil studio is located approximately 18km West of Alice Springs in the beautiful scenic West MacDonnell Ranges. Home to the Arrernte People, this is Keith’s Traditional Maternal Land. Visitors are welcomed at the studio.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $149 and over) (Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* International orders are shipped via DHL Express - $49 (Free DHL Express shipping on orders $249 and over)
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient.
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong