Emus Under The Bed
Temporarily out of stock
Beautifully illustrated, this is a lively and unique story about a little girl and the fun she has at her Auntie Dollo's house.
'What would you like to do today?' she says. 'Do you want to help me make some feather flowers?'
A vibrant story about connecting with culture and family.
This book was produced through the Emerging Indigenous Picture Book Mentoring Project, a joint initiative between The Little Big Book Club and Allen & Unwin, assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body.
Leann J Edwards, born in 1962 at Robinvale, Victoria, is a descendant of the Mara tribe from the Gulf of Carpentaria, and the Wiradjuri tribe from central New South Wales. She completed a three-year Koori Art and Design course at the East Gippsland College of TAFE and has exhibited widely in Australia and overseas. She was part of the Indigenous Global Art Exchange and spent time at the Zuni School in New Mexico and the Choctaw Tribal School in 2000. Leann hopes to foster a greater appreciation of the Aboriginal people and culture through her art. She has worked as an area Koori Perspective teacher and as artist in residence at primary and secondary schools.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong