Finke River A5 Journal by Kathleen Buzzacott
Temporarily out of stock
A stunning new addition to our Dreamtime Stories range, our Dreamtime journals perfectly evoke the beauty of the Australian outback and Kathleen Buzzacott's wonderful childhood stories.
The ancient Finke River in Central Australia is a source of life for Aboriginal people living in the desert. After the rains, there is a chance for fun and fishing.The colours streaming from the Finke River also reflect changes in the landscape.
Each cover is rich, warm and inviting, featuring shimmering gold, countless shades of blue and deep red ochre.
As you turn the pages, take a journey into the artists world, with personal insights, quotes and drawings.
This unique journal represents incredible value and is a true work of art to display on your desk at work or at home. A delight to use every day to record your thoughts, plans and dreams.
A5 notebook, 78 lined pages - Eco-friendly, FSC certified paper - Full of personal insights and quotes from the artist - Notebook closure elastic to keep your pen or special reminders - Plastic-free packaging
Priced at $19.95
Kathleen Buzzacott is an artist, poet, designer and entrepreneur, of Pitjantjatjara Scottish and English heritage, born in Alice Springs Central Australia. She and her siblings spent the early years of their childhood with their father and his family in Queensland. At the age of 10, she returned to the Central Australian Aboriginal Community of Hermannsburg, with her sister, and brother, to live with their mother and step-father.
Kathleen’s fine Central Desert Dot Painting style celebrates her discovery and connection to her indigenous heritage. Happy childhood memories of her son’s growing up on the land are shared through aboriginal story telling on canvas, and feature native bush creatures.
In 2014 Kathleen Buzzacott Art Studio was established, and continues to operate with the assistance of Kathleen and husband Keith and sons Kyle and Klinton. The tranquil studio is located approximately 18km West of Alice Springs in the beautiful scenic West MacDonnell Ranges. Home to the Arrernte People, this is Keith’s Traditional Maternal Land. Visitors are welcomed at the studio.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong