Only a few left in stock
A powerful account of Indigenous land management, Fire Country delves deep into the Australian landscape and environmental challenges. Indigenous land management expert Victor Steffensen examines how the revival of cultural burning practices, and improved 'reading' of country, could help to restore our land.
Fascinated by traditional cultural and ecological knowledge, Steffensen further developed his knowledge after meeting two Elders, George Musgrave and Tommy George, who were to become his mentors and teach him the importance of cultural burning. Developed over many generations, this knowledge shows clearly that Australia actually needs fire. An unassuming and honest read, Fire Country demonstrates the incredibly sophisticated and complex cultural knowledge that has been passed down, its value to the broader community and Steffensen genuine desire to share this knowledge with others.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | Free parcel post shipping on orders $129 and over, Express Post - $14.95 | Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong