Game Day - Championship Collection
Only a few left in stock
This fantastic junior fiction basketball series by Australian Olympian and NBA star Patty Mills is an entertaining, sporty read that will inspire kids to achieve their goals through sport, and also showcases Patty's pride in his Indigenous heritage.
He soon discovers he's got a lot to learn, on and off the court - and it's going to take plenty of practice.
Each book sees Patty playing his heart out, having fun playing sport and doing his best to try to help his team win.
Hit the court with Patty and cheer him on as he and his teammates take up every challenge that comes their way.
Patty Mills was born on 11 August 1988 in Canberra, Australia. His father Benny is from the Torres Strait Islands, and his mother Yvonne is an Australian Aboriginal originally from the Ynunga people in South Australia. Patty was born into a family that was surrounded by basketball. His parents founded Shadows Basketball in the early 80's, a local Canberra club created to provide a sense of community, familiarity, and opportunities for Indigenous people through basketball. Today, Patty plays with the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA and is the only Indigenous Australian to win an NBA Championship (2013/14 season). He is also a triple Olympian (Beijing '08, London '12, Rio de Janeiro '16) and currently represents the Australian Boomers.
Dr Jared Thomas is a Nukunu person of the Southern Flinders Ranges, an Arts Development Officer at Arts, South Australia and an Indigenous Literacy Foundation ambassador. Jared's play Flash Red Ford toured Uganda and Kenya in 1999 and his play Love, Land and Money featured during the 2002 Adelaide Fringe Festival. Jared's young adult novel, Sweet Guy, was shortlisted for the 2009 South Australian People's Choice Awards for Literature and his children's book, Dallas Davis: the Scientist and the City Kids is published by the Oxford University Press Yarning Strong series. Jared's writing explores the power of belonging and culture.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $149 and over) (Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* International orders are shipped via DHL Express - $49 (Free DHL Express shipping on orders $249 and over)
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient.
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong