Grandmother's Country Recycled Plastic Bottle Bag by Michelle Possum
In stock and ready to ship
The Grandmothers Country Recycled Plastic Bottle Bags are not only stylish and functional, but they're also heroes of sustainability.
Each bag is created using three plastic bottles, meaning they're great for the planet by reducing waste through recycling and leaving a smaller footprint on Mother Earth.
These sturdy, lightweight shopping bags fold down to a handy size to pop in your bag so you're ready for anything.
The Dreamings that Michelle Possum paints come from Yuelamu on her home country at Mt Allan. These include the stories of Seven Sisters Dreaming, Bush Tucker stories including Seed Dreaming, Bush Coconut, Fire Dreaming, Goanna Dreaming, and Grandmother’s Country, many of which she combines together in complex interwoven designs.
Mainly depicting the overview of maps of traditional Country from her family lands, Michelle describes the many important cultural sites she knows well. Her paintings have gained wide popularity partly due to the fact that as we come to understand the iconography, the paintings make fascinating narratives for a western audience. They are populated not only with plants and food resources and waterholes, but also with people sitting in the landscape – men with hunting implements and women with digging sticks and coolamons.
In addition to sacred landmarks and iconography, MIchelle's artwork includes important bush tucker and waterholes, making a meaningful connection to modern kitchens, the source of such provisions.
- Size - unfolded: 45cm x 40cm - folded: 13cm x 13cm
- Made form 3 recycled plastic bottles
- 100% recycled & recyclable material shopping bag.
- Made from rescued plastic bottles destined for our oceans.
- Water resistant and lightweight
- Wash in warm temperature (30C)
- Warm iron
- A portion of each sale goes toward the artist.
- Designed in Australia.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | Free parcel post shipping on orders $129 and over, Express Post - $14.95 | Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong