Hand Woven Bag by Gumirrmirr Garrawurra
Only a few left in stock
This bag is a one of a kind, beautifully handcrafted statement piece.
Approximate size 24(L) x 9(H)cm
Materials are made from 100% Pandanus fibres and dyed with 100% natural bush dyes using roots, berries, leaves and ashes.
Each bag is made with Pandanus fibres which take one or two days to collect. Then the bush dyes take two days to collect and prep, then another day of dying the fibres and drying them. Weaving then takes one to two weeks. All up each bag takes about three weeks to make.
Australian Woven Connections (AWC) is a unique small business located in Darwin that has generations of traditional knowledge that has been passed down from many Elders. AWC is about connecting with one another using a culturally safe space that is embedded and aligned with ancient Aboriginal principles and ethics. They share their knowledge and experiences with others and pride themselves on always culturally, ethically and sustainably utilising 100% natural bush dyes.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | Free parcel post shipping on orders $129 and over, Express Post - $14.95 | Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong