Jiwari Painting by Brodie George
Only a few left in stock
“Jiwari” means Rock Hole.
Walmajajarri woman Brodie George is the visionary, owner and operator behind Kitikiti. KitiKiti beautifully combines Brodie's passion for art, Walmajarri culture, caring for Country and the health benefits of natural skincare.
This spectacular mounted artwork is a bespoke, hand painted piece by Brodie. The gorgeous design is showcased on packaging throughout her range of beauty products.
Size: 40 x 30cm
Kitikiti means armpit in the traditional Walmajarri language, pronounced “giddy-giddy”.
Walmajarri woman Brodie George is the visionary, owner and operator behind Kitikiti. KitiKiti beautifully combines Brodie's passion for art, Walmajarri culture, caring for Country and the health benefits of natural skincare.
Environmentally friendly skincare products are hand blended by Brodie, influenced by her wealth of aromatherapy knowledge along with her understandings of the enriching native flora that are used as bush remedies in her home Country.
Packaging is eco-conscious, biodegradable, recyclable and reusable to value caring for country. Ingredients used are natural and/or low-tox to limit the exposure of harsh chemicals to the body.
All products are named and labelled using Walmajarri languagem with packaging that showcases Brodie's spectacular artworks to extend respect to her Country and culture.
"My Aboriginal name is Jalayimiya and my Skin Name is Nakarra - All Walmajarri people belong to one of eight skin groups. Skin groups help people to know how they are related to each other.
I spent my childhood surrounded by family, country and culture learning & using language and watching old people paint at Mangkatja Arts. Being very artistic from a young age the artwork of my mob has influenced the creations of my designs - a very distinct bright desert style with a modern adaption. I paint my perception of the Country I grew up on using bright colours often seen in The Kimberley region of northern Western Australia." - Brodie George
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 to 72 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $14.95
Free parcel post on orders over $129 up to $400
Parcel Post - $34.95 on orders $400 and over
Express Post - $19.95 on orders up to $400
Express Post - $49.95 on orders $400 and over
Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
*Please note Express Post does not mean Priority Shipping. We do not offer Priority Shipping. If you select Express Postage orders will be dispatch in the quoted time frames. For delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong