Journeys in the Sun Tealight Candle Holder by Jacinta-Rai Ridgeway-Maahs
Only a few left in stock
Perfect for your home or as a gift for someone special!
- Size - 11cm diameter and 9cm height
- To clean, wipe with a damp cloth
- A portion of each sale goes to the artist.
- Designed in Australia.
- Australian owned and operated company.
The candle holders are handmade with clay, therefore the end product may look slightly different to the images due to variations.
About the Artist
Jacinta-rai Ridgeway-Maahs is a contemporary Indigenous Artist, telling stories through art like her ancestors. A proud Worimi woman creating on Butchulla country, Jacinta-rai embraces earthy tones, peachy pinks, pastels and bold colours. Motivated by country, community, culture, life and family, she creates stories that connect with people of all cultures.
Jacinta-rai’s art is meditation. Quiet relaxation comes with every symbol, dash and dot. She strongly believes children are our future, in education, equality, taking care of country, kindness and walking together.
About the Art
Journeys in the sun tells of the many experiences had by my Worimi ancestors as they travelled across country.
The warmth and brightness of the sun are represented by a large mustard circle. A rainbow portrays vast sand dunes of Worimi land as the sun beams down on them and the path travelled.
The large circle pattern embraces the fundamental core of our spirit, coming together and our cultural and community beliefs. Circles demonstrate various mobs in community, yarning with their young, teaching the way of the land using sun, sky and sea to survive on country.
Finally, tracks connect individual mobs and show how they come together in times of celebration or need - living together on country.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $10.95 | Free parcel post shipping on orders $129 and over, Express Post - $14.95 | Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong