Kids First Nations Flags Tee
Temporarily out of stock
The First Nations Flags kids tee celebrates the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are the First Peoples’ of Australia.
This tee is an education piece for children. When the education system fails to teach the true history of this country, we are doing what we know best, merch with meaning created to start conversations and educate.
This tee features the Torres Strait Islander flag and a variation of the Aboriginal Flag and is an opportunity for children to learn more and celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culture and history.
Torres Strait Islander Flag meaning?
The Torres Strait Islander flag was designed by the late Bernard Namok of Thursday Island. The flag symbolizes the unity and identity of all Torres Strait Islanders.
- The flag is emblazoned with a white Dhari (head dress) which is a symbol of Torres Strait Islander culture.
- The white five-pointed star beneath it symbolizes peace, the five major island groups and the navigational importance of stars to the seafaring people of the Torres Strait.
- The green represents the land, the black represents the people, and the blue the sea.
Aboriginal Flag Meaning?
Why a heart 💛? Clothing the Gaps have chosen to replace the ‘sun’ on the Aboriginal [-0-] flag with a heart due to copyright on this flag. This yellow heart, represents pride and love for Aboriginal people and culture.
- Embroidered flag designs over the chest.
- Unisex AS Colour tee made from 100% cotton.
- Small Clothing the Gaps logo screen printed on the back of tee.
Clothing The Gap is a Victorian Aboriginal owned and led social enterprise. They are a fresh and dynamic fashion label managed by health professionals that celebrates Aboriginal people and culture.
They produce merch with a meaning and encourage people to wear their values on their tee.
Clothing The Gap is a play on the words "Closing the Gap", which is an Australian Government health initiative to help close the life expectancy gap between Aboriginal people and non-Indigenous Australians. Clothing The Gap unites non-Indigenous and Aboriginal people through fashion and causes, one of which is to help Close the Gap.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong