Lemon Myrtle 20g by Kaiyu Superfoods
Only a few left in stock
Kaiyu Superfood’s Lemon Myrtle is from WA and organically grown. Lemon Myrtle leaves contain citral which contributes to it’s high antioxidant content and gives Lemon Myrtle its lemony taste and smell. Lemon Myrtle (Backhousia citriodora) has antimicrobial and antifungal properties. It is a source of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, lutein, is rich in phenolic compounds (88.1mg per gallic acid equivalent) and is a great source of calcium. Traditionally in Aboriginal culture, Lemon Myrtle is used for both food and medicinal purposes.
Our Lemon Myrtle is grown using organic practices in WA which is free of myrtle rust. It is processed on site here at Humpty Doo, NT and packaged in biodegradable packs.
Why West Australian grown?
Myrtle rust is a fungal disease that affects plants in the family Myrtaceae such as eucalypts, callistemons, melaleucas and leptospermums to name a few. As Myrtle rust has caused serious disease in eucalypts overseas and has now spread down the east coast of Australia, scientists are worried about our native bush and ecosystems and what effect this disease will have on them. WA and SA are currently myrtle rust free. Biosecurity controls have been put in place so that no Myrtaceae plant material (including lemon myrtle) is allowed to be transported from the Eastern states to stop the spread of the disease.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $149 and over)
* International orders are shipped via DHL Express - $49 (Free DHL Express shipping on orders $249 and over)
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient.
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong