Lemon Myrtle, Gumbi Gumbi & Emu Oil Soap by Yarbun Creations
In stock and ready to ship
THE SCENT: Lemon Myrtle & Gumbi Gumbi
INGREDIENTS: Lemon Myrtle oil, Blended Gumbi Gumbi Leaf (angustifolium), Joba Joba Oil, Emu Oil, Lemon Scented Gum Floral Water, Sustainable Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Caustic Soda, Ochre, Shea Butter.
About Yarbun Creations
"We are a family business and descendants of the Yuwi and Ghungalu people. Our company was founded by Uncle Steven Kemp who is walking in the footsteps of his father Tim Kemp who had a passion for sharing Aboriginal Culture. We love sharing the knowledge passed down from the elders and believe that through education we will gain true reconciliation. We make our wooden artefacts collecting the wood from the land and hand crafting each item. We also hand craft our jewellery and have a range of body products incorporating our Aboriginal medicinal knowledge passed down from our ancestors and elders.
Lemon Myrtle is known for its beautiful, refreshing and sweet scent. It also has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. This oil is known to reduce odours with its sweet smelling aroma.
Emu Oil was used by First Nations people to nourish dry and damaged skin and also to relieve arthritis. First Nations people also used Emu Oil because of the anti-inflammatory properties which helps to soothe irritations on the skin.
Gumbi Gumbi was used by Aboriginal people for many reasons, both internally and externally on the skin. First Nations people used this magical plant as it helped relieve the symptoms of dermatitis, heat rash, sores, scabies, rashes and eczema. It was also used to help with skin cancers. The First Nations women used the leaves of the Gumbi Gumbi tree to help relieve mastitis.
Yarbun Creations use natural products to colour our soaps. In the Emu Oil soap we have used the gorgeous rich red ochre from our Ghungalu Country.
We then hand wrap our soaps in Melaleuca bark that has been stripped from the tree using our ancestors’ techniques to ensure we don't damage the trees." - Melanie Kemp, Director of Yarbun Creations.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | Free parcel post shipping on orders $129 and over, Express Post - $14.95 | Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong