Linen Table Cloth 150 x 230 cm by Nelly Patterson
Only a few left in stock
Linen Tablecloth Sq 150 x 230cm
Nelly has an intimate knowledge of the Seven Sisters Storyan epic Tjukurpa (creation) story in which a man, Wati Nyiru chases seven sisters across the whole of Australia.The sisters started in Whyalla. Wati Nyiru chased them down to Port Augusta and wouldnt leave the sisters alone. He wanted to marry the big sister. The sisters left in the middle of the night to try and get away from him while he was sleeping. When Wati Nyiru woke, he wondered where the sisters had gone, but he soon was on their trail again, and found them near Canberra. The eldest sister was worried – she knew he was there again, watching the sisters while they camped. Nelly explains that Wati Nyiru was a mad one, he knew they were scared, but he still followed them. Wati Nyiru got very close to the sisters. The eldest sister was secretly signalling to the sisters that he was nearby, so as to not let Wati Nyiru know she was aware he was there.The man, Wati Nyiru, was singing about how much he wanted the big sister. He did too much dancing, that man, and the sisters ran away. He loved all the girls.The girls kept running. This painting depicts some of the places where the sisters camped.
This item is from Better World Arts. Artists receive royalties. Better World Art are members of the Indigenous Art Code.
150 x 230 cm
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $149 and over) (Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* International orders are shipped via DHL Express - $49 (Free DHL Express shipping on orders $249 and over)
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient.
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong
Beautiful linen table cloth by Nelly Patterson
Over the moon and in awe with the art work of this amazing woman Nelly Patterson and also the quality of the choice of fabric and Beautiful presentation /packaging . I love that it is a useable art piece and looks amazing !!