Map of Indigenous Australia - Poster
Only a few left in stock
The AIATSIS map of Indigenous Australia outlines the different language, tribal or nation groups of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait peoples of Australia. For thousands of years Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples occupied the lands with very different boundaries than today, centred on intimate cultural relationships with the land and sea. This map represents those boundaries often defined by the cultural, language and trade boundaries and relationships between groups.
The AIATSIS map of Indigenous Australia was produced for a general reading audience. The map is not definitive and is not the only information available which maps language and social groups. See also AUSTLANG.
The information on which the map is based is contested and may not be agreed to by some traditional custodians. The borders between groups are purposefully represented as slightly blurred. They do not claim to be exact.
The map was produced before native title legislation and is not suitable for use in native title or other land claims. The map comes in 3 different sizes and either folded or as a flat poster.
A flat landscape print of the AIATSIS map of Indigenous Australia. Measuring: 841x1189mm.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong