Matriarch Earrings by The Koorie Circle
The matriarch earrings worn together create the Aboriginal symbol for a woman.
One earring is in a 'U' shape representing a person whilst the other earring in the line represents a digging stick.
Wear these special earrings when you want to acknowledge and connect to the matriarchs in your life or just because they look stunning with your outfit.
We love matchy matchy earrings but, we adore these odd earrings together as set, match perfectly and tell a story.
Hypoallergenic surgical steel earring hooks.
Made in Australia from mirror acrylic.
Registered Australian Made and Aboriginal business.
Designed by Gunditjmara woman, Laura Thompson.
Matriarch Earrings - People earring (U shape) measures 40 mm in hight and 23mm in width and 3mm deep. The Digging stick (Line shape) measures 40 mm in hight and 5mm in width and 3mm deep.
Laura Thompson is a Gunditjmara woman and artist living and working in Melbourne. The designer and maker behind The Koorie Circle, Laura creates contemporary Aboriginal designed and inspired jewellery made from sustainable sourced timber.
Her collection has developed from a desire to make pieces that tell a story, celebrating the culture, history and identity of Aboriginal Australia. Painted and finished by hand, each piece bears the mark of its maker and is made to be worn with pride.
Based in Northcote, Melbourne on Wurundjeri land.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong