Max Mens Shirt - Native Pear
Exclusive Kirrikin textile featuring original artwork by Kaye White.
Handcrafted in Australia. 100% viscose.
Kirrikin is a uniquely Australian endeavour. Luxury accessories feature artworks of contemporary Indigenous Australian artists, showcased on stunning handcrafted silk & cashmere scarves; silk neckties, bow ties & pocket squares. Our exclusive designs revolve around identity through exploring Aboriginal people, traditions, and their land. Spirited products that capture the essence of Australia.
"When we paint - whether it is on our bodies for ceremony or on bark or canvas for the market - we are not just painting for profit. We are painting as we have always done to demonstrate our continuing link with our country and the rights and responsibilities we have to it. Furthermore, we paint to show the rest of the world that we own this country, and that the land owns us." - Galawuy Yunupinga 1993
Kirrikin is an Aboriginal word that roughly translates as "Sunday's best clothes". We are proud to introduce the word Kirrikin to you, it was a part of the original language recoded by missionaries visiting the Hunter Valley early in the 1820’s – it is also part of Wonnarua language revitalisation.
Kirrikin is an Indigenous registered business; a percentage of each & every Kirrikin purchase is directly returned to the featured Indigenous Australian artist involved in the design. Thank you for supporting our Aboriginal communities.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong