Medicine Tree Long Rectangle Silk Chiffon Scarf 67.5cm x 180cm by Mainie
Presenting a traditional Aboriginal art design by one of Australia’s most highly acclaimed Warlpiri women artists, Bessie Nakamarra Sims, this beautifully handmade silk scarf exemplifies Mainie’s “Luxurious, Authentic, Unique” trademark.
Designed for the stylish traveller, the generous size of this versatile fashion accessory allows it to be effortlessly styled to suit any occasion. From daytime to evening, from resort to a red-carpet event, from an easy-to-wear sarong to an elegant shoulder wrap, this exquisite wearable art piece will always be ready to go.
- 100% Silk Chiffon
- Hand rolled hem
- Digitally printed silk
- 67.5cm wide by 180cm long
- Presented in a handmade gift box lined with tissue paper
- Artwork and artist information card
- Royalties are paid to the artist’s family with every item sold
The Artwork Story
Mina Mina Jukurrpa (Medicine Tree)
The stunning colours in this design by Geraldine Napangardi Granites reflect the unique beauty of the Australian Outback. Imagine the desert coming to life after the long-awaited rains. The intricate Dreamtime artwork design featured on the scarf is based on a traditional Warlpiri ceremonial decoration, which has been passed down to the artist through many generations of her ancestors over tens of thousands of years.
The Dreaming story is about a journey by a group of Warlpiri women who travelled across the desert gathering a vine called Ngalyipi. The Ngalyipi vine has long been used by the Warlpiri women for sacred ceremonies. The vine also has medicinal uses.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong