Small bark painting #3 from Buku-Larrngay Mulka
Miny'tji bark painting #3
Size: 15 x 11cm
These works are sourced direct from Buku-Larrngay Mulka, a community enterprise run by the Yolŋu People of the Miwatj (Northeast Arnhem Land). Local art made from naturally found materials.
Buku-Larrnggay Mulka Centre is the Indigenous community controlled art centre of Northeast Arnhem Land located in Yirrkala, a small Aboriginal community, approximately 700km east of Darwin.
Bark paintings are painted on stringy bark (Eucalyptus Tetradonta). The paints used are earth pigments. The red (Meku), yellow (Gaŋgul) and black (Gurrnan) are provided by rubbing rocks of these colours against a grinding stone. The brush is made of a few strands of straight human hair usually from a young woman or girl. Each stroke requires a fresh infusion of pigment. Artists will paint their own or their family’s clan designs or will create decorative pieces.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong