Night Ceremony Wool Scarf 70cm x 180cm by Mainie
- Australian Merino Wool Scarf
- Woolmark Certified
- 70cm x 180cm
- Digitally printed
- Hand rolled hem
- Presented in a handmade box with information about the original artwork and the Aboriginal artist.
- Original artwork by Warlpiri Aboriginal artist Geraldine Napangardi Granites
The Artwork Story
Based on an original painting by well-known Warlpiri Aboriginal artist, Geraldine Napangardi Granites, the Night Ceremony design depicts a sacred site on the Warlpiri homelands, called Yanjirlpiri, which means “star”. Yanjirlpiri is where the Warlpiri woman perform sacred ceremonies using the Ngalyipi vine.
Ngalyipi is frequently depicted in Warlpiri artists’ paintings due to its many uses in daily life, including its medicinal properties. The vine is also used in traditional Warlpiri ceremonies. The origins of the ceremonies date back thousands of years and are performed at night with the woman dancing under the stars.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong