Papa Tjukurpa Scarf By Jimmy Donegan
“Ngayuku mamaku ngura Dulu [translates to, ‘My father’s country. A rockhole called Dulu’.] At this place there are lots of women and men dingos living there, digging up the water and hunting at Pilantjara rockhole in the country area of Dulu. This is papa walka, dog design.” – Jimmy Donegan
Papa Tjukurpa represents a pivotal work for Donegan. In this work, the artist boldly deviates from his signature style of fastidiously detailed dot-work, in a breakthrough piece that is startlingly contemporary.
Donegan paints the Papa Tjukurpa (Dog Dreaming) entrusted to him by his father. The artist’s loosely unfurling circles and spare infilling reveal the inky black depths of the canvas, speaking of a complex ontological system that marries physical and metaphysical worlds. The artist’s compelling use of vibrant, rhythmic line work strikes a harmonious balance with the negative space, chronicling the papa’s journey across Donegan’s homelands.
110cm x 110cm 12mm 100% silk satin with hand rolled edges.
Priced $180 including free postage.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong