Red Bark Trees Wool Scarf 70cm x 180cm by Mainie
Temporarily out of stock
- Australian Merino Wool Scarf
- Woolmark Certified
- 70cm x 180cm
- Digitally printed
- Hand rolled hem
- Presented in a handmade box with information about the original artwork and the Aboriginal artist.
- Original artwork by Warlpiri Aboriginal artist Nicole Napaljarri Stevens
The Artwork Story
Ngapa Jukurrpa (Water Dreaming)- Mikanji
Based on an original painting by young Warlpiri artist, Nicole Napaljarri Stevens, the Red Bark Trees design depicts an important watercourse on the Warlpiri homelands called Mikanji. Although, Mikanji is usually a dry creek bed, after the annual rains, soakages are formed deep under the ground. The soakages are like subterranean wells that provide a natural rainwater storage system. The wells are a vital source of fresh water for the Warlpiri people during the long dry season in the desert. The Warlpiri people believe that the spirits of two women can be seen at Mikanji in the form of two Ngapiri (river red gums).
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | Free parcel post shipping on orders $129 and over, Express Post - $14.95 | Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong