Click and collect is now available! Order before 12pm for next day collection, available for Sydney Metro only.Shop Now
Free Delivery on all orders over $129
Ethically Sourced Products
Empowering Indigenous Communities
Only a few left in stock
115g | 25hr burn time
This travel candle embodies Australia in a tin and makes for a perfect gift for the discerning traveller or gift giver. The candle scents represent what is quintessential about Australia; the natural fauna and flora, the sea and red dirt.
Artwork by Melanie Hava which tells a tale through Indigenous Aboriginal art with a contemporary flair, combining her Aboriginal and Austrian heritage. Melanie had successfully exhibited at many galleries across Australia in Aboriginal, Folk and Abstract arts. Based in far North Queensland she draws inspiration from her mother's land where she feels close to the spirit of the rainforest and reef animals that are represented in her artwork that adorns our candles.
Red Earth notes of bergamot, hyacinth, white lily, amber and freesia come together in a scent reminiscent of the Australian bush.
Made in Australia.
Melanie Hava has always known she would be an artist, and started out selling her work at markets as a teenager. As a Mamu Aboriginal woman from Dugul-barra and Wari-barra family groups in the Wet Tropics of Far-North Queensland, reef and rainforest have always been prevalent in her work. Austrian patterns and use of gold leaf became later inspirations after travelling to meet her paternal family in Austria.
The blend of Aboriginal and Austrian influence produces unparalleled art that in turn creates a perfectly unique gift. Her collection is inspired by the spirit of Kinship. In the outback, she would often see emus travelling through long grasses, and occasionally, two males would join forces to protect their chicks. This banding together in kinship to feed and protect their mob echoes her own Aboriginal culture and is reflected in her work.
“I want people to look at my work and feel joy – if they’re having a bad day and they happen to see my work, that they’d feel a bit better”.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $10.95 | Free parcel post shipping on orders $129 and over, Express Post - $14.95 | Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong
absolutely divine scent. Love everything about this product, I'm even keeping the box as it's simply too beautiful to recycle.
On all orders over $129
Benefitting Indigenous artists and communities.
Contributes to employment, economic and wellbeing outcomes.
To save your wishlist items, log in or create an account.
Your Wishlist is Empty!