Rockwells, Aunty May Hinch
Only a few left in stock
Special Edition numbered prints on hand made Euraba milled paper by Aunty May Hinch, artist and founding elder.
This print was created as a special project with 10 other artists to build up a fund to maintain the Euraba mill and artistic activities. With generous support from the Bushells Foundation.
The Euraba Story
“Euraba Artists and Papermakers was founded by the Goomeroi people of Toomelah and Boggabilla in 1998 with the goal to build Indigenous skills and artistic creativity for a sustainable future within our own community.
We are a group of Indigenous artists young and old, male and female. We make 100% cotton rag art paper using traditional European papermaking methods to create individual and collaborative artworks utilizing techniques such as pulp painting and casting, as well as more conventional surface techniques such as painting and screen printing. We have taken and added our Indigenous sensibilities to create something new and very special.
Our painting and designs are inspired by our life by the MacIntyre River of inland Northern NSW.
Themes include working the cotton fields, bush tracks, the river, local flora and fauna; fish eggs, turtles and kangaroo grass to name a few. We love the bush, and fishing is a favourite past time both for food and as a way of maintaining cultural connections, so features frequently as a re-occurring story in many of our artists work.
We are achieving our goal for recognition through exhibitions including collaborations with other artists from outside our community and we have been honored with prominent art awards.
Our work hangs in major cultural institutions in Australia as well as in many homes”.
Framed in a handmade carbon neutral black slim box frame on a white acid-free mat.
Material: Hand made cotton paper, plantation grown timber, glass front, acid-free mat and metal tabs
Made in Australia & Frame made in New Zealand
3.0(d) × 42.0(w) × 54.5(h) cm
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $149 and over) (Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* International orders are shipped via DHL Express - $49 (Free DHL Express shipping on orders $249 and over)
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient.
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong