Silk Scarf by Pauline Woody
Only a few left in stock
Scarf size: 54cm x 180cm
Made in Australia
Based on artwork by Pauline Kerry Woody from Jilamara Arts & Craft Association.
Includes information about the artist and artwork.
Artwork placement will vary from scarf to scarf so each one is a little bit different!
Jilamara Arts and Crafts Association is an incorporated non-profit, Tiwi governed organisation that was established in 1989. Jilamara is in the remote aboriginal community of Milikapiti, overlooking the Arafura Sea, on the north coast of Melville Island, the larger of two Islands that make up the Tiwi Islands.
Jilamara artists are renowned for producing innovative contemporary works based on traditional ceremonial body painting designs, clan totems and Tiwi creation stories. Artists work from a palette of natural ochres to produce paintings on linen, canvas, paper, printmaking, weaving, bark & carved wood.
Over the course of three decades Jilamara artists have established themselves among the most recognised Indigenous artists nationally and internationally. With the support of the art centre, these artists have played a key role in cultural maintenance and renewal for the Tiwi people.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 3 -5 days (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $14.95
Free parcel post on orders over $129 up to $400
Parcel Post - $34.95 on orders $400 and over
Express Post - $19.95 on orders up to $400
Express Post - $49.95 on orders $400 and over
*Heavy or Oversized Item Shipping is $34.95 per item for Parcel Post and $49.95 per Item for Express Post.
Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
* For the most up-to-date information on your order delivery please download the AusPost App here.
*Please note Express Post does not mean Priority Shipping. We do not offer Priority Shipping. If you select Express Postage orders will be dispatch in the quoted time frames. For delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking
* For orders officially deemed 'lost' by Australia Post customers will be offered a store credit for the value of the order. Orders will not be refunded or replaced.
*Welcome to Country takes no responsibility for items lost in transit
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong