Songspirals: Sharing women's wisdom of Country through songlines
In stock and ready to ship
Songspirals is a rare opportunity to connect with the living tradition of women's songlines, as recounted by Yolngu women from far north Australia. Aboriginal Australian cultures are the oldest living cultures on earth and at the heart of Aboriginal cultures is song.
For Yolngu people from North East Arnhem Land, women and men play different roles in bringing songlines to life, yet the vast majority of what has been published is about men's place in songlines. Songspirals is a rare opportunity for outsiders to experience Aboriginal women's role in crying the songlines in a very authentic and direct form.
Gay'wu Group of Women is the 'dilly bag women's group' who offer the incredible and intimate Gay’Wu - The Dilly Bag Women's Tour available on Welcome to Country.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | Free parcel post shipping on orders $129 and over, Express Post - $14.95 | Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong
A Wonderful Trip
Hi, I haven't finished reading the book yet, but am enthralled. I have read about Songlines before and am fascinated by them. I think anyone wanting to learn and understand more about our First Nation's People should read this.
A book that truly educated me more on Aboriginal cultures, I learnt so much from reading this book. I loved the journey that this book took me on, I loved the connection and the wisdom that was shared in this book.
Inspiring humanity at its best
A vital read to understand the gift of our indigenous people and their heritage which we are in disparate need with the ravages of western culture making it's own and everyone else sick from its ego-centric capitalist disease.
Great find & gift we all want to read