Steel Animal Designs by Ngarga Warendj
Temporarily out of stock
Mick Harding from Ngarga Warendj has worked with Animalia to create these stunning designs that have been laser cut from 3mm Corten Steel.
Made in Australia
There are three designs to choose from:
Dhulin the Goanna
Dhulin the Goanna is one of the six special men who helped Bundjil the Wedge Tailed Eagle - our Creator - when he created the Earth. Bundjil taught all the special men how to look after his creations - the mountains and the rivers, man, woman and all the animals. He taught them how to make weapons, how to fight with them, and how to behave with one another. After Bundjil had finished, Bellum Bellum the Musk Crow blew Dhulin and the other special men to the stars. - Mick Harding
Size: 41cm x 20.5cm
Barebin Buk the Long Necked Turtle
Barebin Buk the Long Necked Turtle is native to South East Australia. They are often found in slow moving water, in the still waters of rivers and creeks such as the swamps or wetlands.
He is a good indicator of the health of the wetlands and rivers. He is a spirit animal for many mobs. - Mick Harding
Size: 30cm x 17.6cm
Budja the Platypus
Budja the Platypus is a good indicator for river health. Budja is a busy little fella that lives in the water and on the land. Budja lays eggs to produce its offspring. - Mick Harding
Size: 30cm x 19cm
Mick Harding is a proud Taungwurrung Kulin and the artist behind Ngarga Warendj – Dancing Wombat. Aboriginal art in Victoria is unique in its symbolism. It links with our stories and songlines like fingers reaching out to other areas of Australia.
When Mick creates something he express his cultural integrity in place, by being respectful of the interpretation of his culture, and share his story as a Taungwurrung Kulin (Aboriginal man from my traditional country).
“We are the first peoples of this land and have an ongoing responsibility to keep our culture alive and relevant in our current society. We belong to this land” explains Mick.
Mick and the team at Ngarga Warendj encourage our children to express their creative minds to keep alive for the future. “Our children’s future, Our culture, Your culture”
Ngarga Warendj – Dancing Wombat produces high quality contemporary Indigenous Art, using designs based on traditional symbols from South-East Australia.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong