Tali Tali Star Handmade Paper fold-out
In stock and ready to ship
Artwork by Damien and Yilpi Marks
Paper Star – 25cm (+/- 1-2cm)
This handmade paper is made from cotton offset scraps left over from the garment industry. Traditional handcraft made in Japur India. The artwork featured on these items under licence. Royalties are paid to the artists.
Better World Arts is a member of Fair Traders Australia and the Indigenous Art Code.
About the artwork
This beautiful image depicts the sandhills of Damien’s country, Mount Liebig, towards Papunya. When you see the hills from a distance, the wind blows through the sand, making the hills move and change form. The wind makes ripples, undulations and ridges in the sand in the same shapes and patterns that can be seen in this painting. These sandhills are a common sight around Papunya – some of the hills are so large they can only be walked across. In between the sandhills are dry claypans and rockholes.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $149 and over) (Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong