Tjulpu Sscarf By Nyanu Watson
Only a few left in stock
Nyanu Watson uses startling colour combinations and striking forms to create her expressive and emotive works. Colours are carefully chosen for their aesthetic value, and are applied with different brushwork to create texture or dotting to articulate form. In Tjulpu, the stippled pinks and blues of the birds’ feathers contrast with the rich crimson background, evocative the desert earth. Carotene dots outline the birds, bringing them closer to us as they stare inquisitively. The composition reveals the owners of the tracks that pattern the earthy background like songlines of the desert.
Nyanu paints for Ninuku Arts, a wholly-Indigenous owned and governed art centre that supports artists from Pipalyatjara and Kalka, within the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara (APY) Lands of South Australia’s north-west border region.
110cm x 110cm 14mm 100% silk satin with hand rolled edges.
All of our scarves are packaged in a beautiful gift box and include an Artist’s card, detailing the artist’s work and practice.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 3 -5 days (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $14.95
Free parcel post on orders over $129 up to $400
Parcel Post - $34.95 on orders $400 and over
Express Post - $19.95 on orders up to $400
Express Post - $49.95 on orders $400 and over
*Heavy or Oversized Item Shipping is $34.95 per item for Parcel Post and $49.95 per Item for Express Post.
Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
* For the most up-to-date information on your order delivery please download the AusPost App here.
*Please note Express Post does not mean Priority Shipping. We do not offer Priority Shipping. If you select Express Postage orders will be dispatch in the quoted time frames. For delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking
* For orders officially deemed 'lost' by Australia Post customers will be offered a store credit for the value of the order. Orders will not be refunded or replaced.
*Welcome to Country takes no responsibility for items lost in transit
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong