Traveling Through Country Wool Rug (152x244cm) by Damien and Yilpi Marks
Temporarily out of stock
A stunning work of art for your floor that will bring any room alive. This work can also be hung on the wall!
This design is from an original painting of Damien’s country, Mt. Liebig, west of Papunya. Damien’s great grandfather and his family are travelling through the desert towards Kintore, collecting food. In the bottom right hand corner the sun is setting over a hillside. The family stops to camp at different places along the way. The red concentric circles are dry rockholes, and the blue and white concentric circles represent rockholes that are filled with clean water, that flows on into the creek. The red stripes coming out of the centre of the right hand side of the painting lead to one of these waterholes – these are the tracks of the family walking through the sand. In this painting you can also see spinifex bushes (the yellow star-like symbols), and dry claypans with cracks in the earth.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong