Untitled Scarf By Aubrey Tjangala x One of Twelve
Only a few left in stock
This painting depicts designs associated with the site Walungurru (Kintore), set deep in the Western Desert. During ancestral times, Ngintaka (Perentie) travelled to this site from the west where he died and turned to stone, becoming the prominent mountain that marks the community.
The site is also associated with the secret-sacred Tingari Song Cycle, the contents of which are only known to initiated Pintupi. Although the specific stories are closely guarded, the Tingari in general are a group of ancestral Dreaming beings who travelled the country, performing rituals and creating and transforming significant sites. Their adventures are enshrined in numerous song cycles, and their stories form part of initiatory teachings.
Aubrey’s strong use of line and repetition rendered in a restrained monochrome palette creates a mesmerising optical effect, allowing the viewer to follow the tracks of the Ngintaka to his final resting place.
70cm x 140cm 16mm 100% silk satin with hand rolled edges and double sided printing.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | Free parcel post shipping on orders $129 and over, Express Post - $14.95 | Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong