Untitled Twilly By Elizabeth Marks Nakamarra x One of Twelve
Temporarily out of stock
Elizabeth Marks’ untitled paintings depict designs associated with the site Kalipinpa, a rockhhole and major Kapi Tjukurrpa (Water Dreaming) place, north of Sandy Blight Junction. There are numerous Tjukurrpa (Dreaming Stories) associated with Kalipinpa including Kapi (Water), Lightning and Bush Potato. During ancestral times, a huge storm erupted here, causing lightning to flash and water to rush across the country, filling the rockholes and creeks. A group of ancestral men and women gathered at the site to perform the ceremonial songs and dances associated with the area. These works describe the ceremonial site at Kalipinpa, including its various landforms such as tali (sandhills), hills, rockholes, soakages and creeks.
The striking geometric linework of Marks’ works evokes the energy of ancestral lightning bolts, illuminating the sky above Kalipinpa. The artist’s clever use of tonality and repetition create a fluidity of movement suggesting the storm waters that flooded this area during ancestral times.
12cm x 180cm 19mm 100% silk satin – double sided.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $149 and over) (Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* International orders are shipped via DHL Express - $49 (Free DHL Express shipping on orders $249 and over)
* Orders shipped to non-Australian locations may incur duties, customs charges and fees. It is the responsibility of the customer to check criteria which may apply to their order, and to organise any applicable payment to ensure the order reaches its intended recipient.
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong