Untitled Twilly By Yuyuya Nampitjinpa x One of Twelve
Temporarily out of stock
Yuyuya’s untitled painting depicts designs associated with the site Umari, a rcokhole situated in the sandhill country near Mt Webb in Western Australia. A large group of ancestral women travelled east from Umari to the rockhole Pinari, north-west of Kintore. Along their travels, the women collected the edible berries known as kampurarrpa or desert raisins (Solanum centrale). Kampurarrpa can be eaten straight from the bush, or ground into a paste and cooked over coals to make damper. From Pinari, the women continued their journey east to the site of Kalipinpa, a major Kapi Tjukurrpa (Water Dreaming) site north of Sandy Blight Junction.
Yuyuya’s work is characterised by her use of a complex symbolic language rooted in ancient cultural tradition. The artist’s skilful use of colour, movement and negative space make her interpretations of these symbols strikingly contemporary. In this work, the artist’s bold use of warm colours and repetition of form transport the viewer to the undulating sandhills of her homelands.
12cm x 180cm 19mm 100% silk satin – double sided.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $149 and over) (Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong