Temporarily out of stock
One of Twelve Wakapulkatjara Tie by Molly Miller.
“When I was a little girl we walked everywhere, there were no motorcars then. Always walking, around and around, and around. This is a happy place for me. Looking after children, lots of rabbits, lots of maku (witchetty grub), lots of honey ants. We were really happy back then. This is a beautiful place.” – Molly Miller
In this painting, Miller depicts the rocky Country surrounding her birthplace, Wakapulkatjara, south east of Papulankutja (Blackstone) on the Ngaanyatjarra Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara (NPY) Lands.
As she paints, Miller recalls her travels between Papulankutja and Mantumaru, traversing puli (rocky outcrops) and tali (sand hills) and stopping at rockholes related to her father’s Tjukurrpa (Dreaming).
The viewer becomes immersed in the painting’s gentle shifts in tone and form. There is no need to gain bearings. Through this work, Miller invites us to travel the contours of her Country beside her, appreciating the rhythmic nuances of her sprawling homelands.
100% silk satin with cotton padding and silk lining. All of our ties come in a beautiful giftbox and include an artist’s card, detailing the artist’s work and practice.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 3 -5 days (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $14.95
Free parcel post on orders over $129 up to $400
Parcel Post - $34.95 on orders $400 and over
Express Post - $19.95 on orders up to $400
Express Post - $49.95 on orders $400 and over
Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
* For the most up-to-date information on your order delivery please download the AusPost App here.
*Please note Express Post does not mean Priority Shipping. We do not offer Priority Shipping. If you select Express Postage orders will be dispatch in the quoted time frames. For delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking
*Welcome to Country takes no responsibility for items lost in transit
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong
This stunning silk tie has a subtle colour change that seems to shimmer. The artist story made it the perfect gift for my son-in-law setting off overseas for a few years to study.
On all orders over $129
Benefitting Indigenous artists and communities.
Contributes to employment, economic and wellbeing outcomes.