Wakapulkatjara Tie by Molly Miller
One of Twelve Wakapulkatjara Tie by Molly Miller.
“When I was a little girl we walked everywhere, there were no motorcars then. Always walking, around and around, and around. This is a happy place for me. Looking after children, lots of rabbits, lots of maku (witchetty grub), lots of honey ants. We were really happy back then. This is a beautiful place.” – Molly Miller
In this painting, Miller depicts the rocky Country surrounding her birthplace, Wakapulkatjara, south east of Papulankutja (Blackstone) on the Ngaanyatjarra Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara (NPY) Lands.
As she paints, Miller recalls her travels between Papulankutja and Mantumaru, traversing puli (rocky outcrops) and tali (sand hills) and stopping at rockholes related to her father’s Tjukurrpa (Dreaming).
The viewer becomes immersed in the painting’s gentle shifts in tone and form. There is no need to gain bearings. Through this work, Miller invites us to travel the contours of her Country beside her, appreciating the rhythmic nuances of her sprawling homelands.
100% silk satin with cotton padding and silk lining. All of our ties come in a beautiful giftbox and include an artist’s card, detailing the artist’s work and practice.
Priced at $70.00 with free postage on orders over $99.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong