Walka Wiru Tie by Phyllis Donegan
One of Twelve Walka Wiru Tie by Phyllis Donegan.
Donegan’s painting ‘Walka Wiru Ngura Wiru’ transports us across the vast desert country surrounding the Tomkinson Ranges near the artist’s home community of Kalka, in the far north-western reaches of South Australia.
The painting’s title, ‘Walka Wiru Ngura Wiru’ translates into English as, ‘lovely country, lovely drawing’.
Through her skilful use of layering and tonal graduation, Donegan’s work creates an immersive experience – her paint appears to vibrate above the surface of the canvas creating a mesmerising optical effect. In this way, the artist breathes life into the undulating tali (sandhills) and puli (rocky hills) that characterise the sprawling desert country of her homelands.
100% silk satin with cotton padding and silk lining. All of our ties come in a beautiful giftbox and include an artist’s card, detailing the artist’s work and practice.
Priced at $70.00 with free postage on orders over $99.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong