Water Bird Top by Mainie
Temporarily out of stock
Presenting a distinctively Australian Aboriginal by one of Australia’s most highly acclaimed Warlpiri women artists, Long Maggie Nakamarra White, this luxurious silk top will work harder than any other staple in your wardrobe. Mix and match with a range of garments and separates, add an accessory or two and the sky is the limit. With this exquisite wearable art piece, you can traverse any number of stylish looks and occasions from beach to brunch to boho-chic and sizzling after dark glamour.
- 100% Silk Chiffon
- Hand rolled hem
- Hand stitched button loops
- Natural shell buttons
- Digitally printed silk
- 2 x 45cm wide by 150cm long
- Presented in a handmade gift box lined with tissue paper
- Artwork and artist information card
- Royalties are paid to the artist with every item sold
The Artwork Story
Ngapa Jukurrpa (Water Bird Dreaming)
Resplendent in the glorious, sun-drenched colours of the Australian Outback, Long Maggie Nakamarra White’s original artwork depicts a traditional Water Dreaming story, “Ngapa Jukurrpa”, which was handed down to her through many generations of her Warlpiri ancestors over thousands of years.
The Dreaming story is about two rainmakers who sang to create a storm. The storm was carried over the desert country by a falcon. When the storm fell to the ground as rain, a large lake was formed. Ngapa means water in the Warlpiri language.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | Free parcel post shipping on orders $129 and over, Express Post - $14.95 | Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong