Watiya Tjuta Fabric by Mitjili Napurrula
Ikuntji Artists is a member-based, not for profit, Aboriginal art centre. It is situated in the community of Haasts Bluff (Ikuntji).
In this design Mitjili Napurrula depicts her fathers Tjukurrpa, the ceremonial spear straightening in Uwalkari country (Gibson desert region). The Watiya Tjuta (Acacia Trees) are the trees that are used to make these spears. Uwalkari country is abundant with Watiya Tjuta, as well as sand hills and other plants. Mitjili paints the motif of the Watiya Tjuta, carrying on the recurring motif as her mother used to draw in the sand. Her mother passed on this Dreaming to her.
This fabric has been screen printed by hand by Published Textiles and Papers, ensuring the highest quality and longevity.
This sale is for 2 metres of fabric.
Black ink on Tencel Linen (70% Tencel, 30% Linen) 172GSM
About the printers:
Publisher Textiles & Papers is one of Australia’s leading print houses. Focused on producing original patterns through traditional hand-screen printing methods we create bold and colourful textiles, hand printed wallpaper, clothing and fabric.
Our fabric is printed in small batches and is available in pre-cut lengths on the website, which we update regularly. For larger quantities, please email us to discuss pre-orders.
Fabric care instructions: Gentle cold/warm hand wash, do not bleach, warm rinse well, do no tumble dry, cool iron only, drycleanable (P)
Price: $170 per bolt
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong