Waves Long Rectangle Silk Chiffon Scarf 67.5cm x 180cm by Mainie
Only a few left in stock
Presenting a traditional Aboriginal art design by one of Australia’s most highly acclaimed Warlpiri women artists, Bessie Nakamarra Sims, this beautifully handmade silk scarf exemplifies Mainie’s “Luxurious, Authentic, Unique” trademark.
Designed for the stylish traveller, the generous size of this versatile fashion accessory allows it to be effortlessly styled to suit any occasion. From daytime to evening, from resort to a red-carpet event, from an easy-to-wear sarong to an elegant shoulder wrap, this exquisite wearable art piece will always be ready to go.
- 100% Silk Chiffon
- Hand rolled hem
- Digitally printed silk
- 67.5cm wide by 180cm long
- Presented in a handmade gift box lined with tissue paper
- Artwork and artist information card
- Royalties are paid to the artist’s family with every item sold
The Artwork Story
Ngapa Jukurrpa (Storm Cloud Dreaming)
Resplendent in the glorious, sun-drenched colours of the Australian Outback, Christine Nakamarra Curtis’ original artwork depicts a traditional Water Dreaming story, “Ngapa Jukurrpa”, which was handed down to her through many generations of her Warlpiri ancestors over tens thousands of years.
The Dreaming story is about how smoke from a fire rose into the sky and formed a large storm cloud. A bird picked up the storm on its wings and carried it over the desert country. When the storm became too heavy for the bird to carry, it fell to the ground as rain.
Ngapa means water in the Warlpiri language.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $149 and over) (Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong