Wingaru Kids for Home Education
In stock and ready to ship
Wingaru Kids for Home Education, is a 12 month subscription providing Aboriginal education resources to support home schooling families to explore Aboriginal content through a carefully curated collection of curriculum aligned lessons. The lessons are appropriate for primary school age students from Kindergarten to Year 6.
Each complete lesson is presented in a watch, play, learn format. A learning guide is provided to support parents and carers with curriculum alignment and reporting as well as explore each lesson topic further.
Wingaru Kids provides quality content created by Aboriginal people in an engaging format so that students are excited to learn authentic and accurate knowledge about Aboriginal people and culture.
The resource features lessons designed for each learning stage as established in the Australian Curriculum. While lessons are designed to build on learning in previous years, they do not rely on previous knowledge and can be taught independently of other lessons. This provides parents and carers with complete flexibility to decide which lessons are appropriate for their children, how many lessons will be used and in what order.
Lessons are structured around a watch, read or look activity which is accompanied by interactive activities designed to test comprehension of the source as well as explore the surrounding issues.
Explore topics with our fun and informative videos. Each video provides all the information your child needs to complete the lesson and can be watched as many times as they like.
Engage with the information from the video by completing digital activities. Each lesson has 3 different digital activities for your child to complete. Check out the game centre for additional game-based learning.
Connect with Aboriginal Australian culture by exploring the lessons and gaining new knowledge and perspectives. Each lesson contributes to developing your child’s respect for diversity and understanding of cultural differences.
Students will have the opportunity to explore a range of topics including pre and post invasion history, early contact, Indigenous science, bush tucker, traditional Aboriginal tools, Aboriginal language, Aboriginal land use and sustainability, and cultural expression.
Family Account Details
A family account provides access for up to 4 students residing at the same address. Accounts are tailored to education grade. A Family account provides access to Wingaru Kids resources for a 12-month period. Access is provided as login details for the student portal at www.wingaru.com.au.
*Please note the lessons are appropriate for primary school age students from Kindergarten to Year 6.
All you need to access Wingaru Kids is a computer / laptop / ipad and internet connection. There are no additional software or hardware requirements.
Priced at $69.00AUD for a 12 month subscription.
Accessing Your Login Details:
On confirmation of your purchase, you will receive an email with directions to provide information regarding the education stage /age of your children. Wingaru Education will tailor your account to the relevant education grade and provide you with your login details. Please note this may take up to 72 hours from purchase.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong