Worrwurr (Brass Owl) by Djul’djul Gurruwiwi
Temporarily out of stock
Worrwurr – Brass Owl
Size: 8 x 3cm
Year: 2019 Edition of 50
This is the first series of worrwurr (owls) sculpted in wood by Djul’djul and then cast in brass.
The worrwurr belongs to the Yirritja moiety and is an important totem.
Dhuḏuthuḏu is the name for the frog-mouth which is from the Dhuwa moiety.
Datiwuy and Ngaymil sing this bird dhuḏuthuḏu (Podargus Strigoides) together and it joins their two clans. They also connect to Gälpu and Djambarrpuyŋu through this law. Its country is near Yaŋunbi and is known as Warrathiri or Munumbal. Elders have said that it is not deep law but just something that they sing and dance.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $150 and over)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong